Last week, I made Grilled Mushroom Quesadillas, which were my favorite quesadillas that I have ever made. After eating those, I was inspired to create a vegan quesadilla with just as much flavor, but something that I could whip up really quickly. I don’t like to consume too much dairy, so while I love some cheese every now and then, I love making vegan versions too!
Some nights I have zero desire to cook, let alone something that involves a lot of prep work, it just ain’t gonna happen. Enter this 10 minute vegan quesadilla! This is my new go to meal when I want a healthy and filling dinner without barely any work. The only things I have to chop up are avocado and lime, talk about an easy dinner!
All you have to do is spread down some refried beans, sprinkle on some hot sauce (trust me here), cover in nutritional yeast, top with carrots, and grill on a george foreman. That’s it. Couldn’t be simpler. And trust me on the nutritional yeast, carrot, hot sauce thing. Sounds weird, but oh man is it good. It just works! We had these again tonight since we had leftover refried beans and they were just as good! You’ve got to try these!
- Whole wheat tortillas
- 1 can of refried beans
- Chipotle flavored hot sauce (i used an organic brand from Walmart)
- nutritional yeast
- shredded carrots
- 1 avocado
- fresh limes, for topping
- Spread a thin layer of refried beans on a tortilla
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon, or more, of hot sauce over beans
- Sprinkle 1 to 1½ tablespoons of nutritional yeast over beans, until covered
- Cover with a layer of shredded carrots
- top with second tortilla
- Grill on an indoor grill (george forman) for 5-7 minutes, turning, until crisped
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over tortillas
- Top with additional hot sauce if desired
- Serve with avocado slices and salsa for dipping