Baked bell pepper taquitos are an easy appetizer/snack/dinner to whip up in a flash!
After my 4 ingredient taquito recipe, I realized just how easy it is to make taquitos and couldn’t wait to try more flavor combinations.
These simple baked bell pepper taquitos use fresh sliced bell pepper, a few spices, and pepperjack cheese.
Bake them in the oven to crispy perfection and serve with sour cream and salsa!
These would make a great appetizer for a party or family get together.
My husband enjoyed these for dinner and loved them!
Simple and delicious, these baked bell pepper taquitos are so easy to throw together!
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me in your recipe creations on instagram, just hashtag #buildyourbite!
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + more for topping
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 10 whole wheat tortilla shells
- 5 slices pepperjack cheese
- salsa, for serving,
- sour cream, for serving
- Slice bell peppers into strips and add to a skillet
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder
- Sautee on medium high heat for 7-10 minutes, or until strips start to soften
- Grease a 13 X 9 baking dish with olive oil
- Soften tortilla shells in microwave to make them easier to roll
- Distribute bell pepper filling into tortilla shells and place ½ slice of pepperjack on top of each tortilla
- Roll tortillas tightly and place in the baking dish
- Brush tops of tortillas with a generous coat of olive oil
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until taquitos are to desired crispiness
- Serve with salsa and sour cream