Last week I was craving roasted broccoli and decided to make some for dinner using nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast, or as I call it, “yeast cheese” is one of my favorite flavorings to add to food. Not only is it high in protein, but it’s vegan and has a cheesy flavor to it. It adds such a great flavor to roasted veggies, and is great on broccoli, brussel sprouts, potatoes, and many other sides!
When my husband first took a bite of this broccoli he decided it was the best I’d ever made. The ingredients are so simple to throw together and the yeast cheese is the star in this dish. If you want to impress your family with a healthy and addictive broccoli dish, make this! It’s high in protein, easy to throw together, and a healthy side that goes great with any meal!
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (plus more for serving)
- about 6 cups of broccoli florets
- Add broccoli florets to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Massage olive oil into broccoli until all the heads are covered. This will allow the spices to spread evenly
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients on broccoli and toss well
- Spread broccoli on a baking sheet in one layer
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8-12 minutes, or until broccoli is tender and starts to brown.
- Sprinkle with additional nutritional yeast when serving, if desired