For dinner last night, Robbie and I had these broccoli cheddar stuffed potatoes.
While we ate these as a main course (with salad), these would be the perfect way to sneak some veggies into dinner time.
No one will even care – they taste too delicious for broccoli haters to even notice.
I used frozen broccoli, but you can use fresh or frozen. I also used freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese – I do recommend grating it yourself instead of the pre shredded stuff.
The flavor is just so much more intense and WAY better than the other stuff.
This recipe is very simple, almost more of a use what you have kind of situation.
The result is these broccoli cheddar stuffed potatoes – straight up comfort food.
Ultra creamy, cheesy, and filling. I guarantee you’ll love them!
- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⅓ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- olive oil
- sour cream, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- After cleaning potatoes, prick them with a fork several times and place on a baking sheet
- rub potatoes in olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a fork inserted goes all of the way through
- Steam broccoli and dice into small pieces (or if you are using frozen like me, just allow it to thaw then chop it up)
- Once potatoes have cooked, slice them down the center
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter on each potato and move around until melted
- Top with ⅓ cup of cheese per potato
- Add ¼ cup of the finely chopped broccoli per potato
- Top with an additional ⅓ cup of cheese
- Broil in the oven for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese melts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with sour cream