Lately I’ve been experimenting with more and more healthy desserts. Although I love a good mug cake, I also love the homey feel of eating freshly baked cookies.
I love using Bob’s Red Mill flours when baking. They have so many different gluten free flours for all kinds of recipes! I personally love using the gluten free oat flour and coconut flour to make cookies and mug cakes.
Bob’s Red Mill was kind enough to send me a set of four of their products – gluten free oat flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, and toasted carob powder. I about died when I smelled the carob powder – it is AMAZING. I love using carob powder in recipes in place of cocoa powder or cacao, it adds such a subtle flavor. You really can’t describe the flavor of carob, but I love it!
I was originally going to call these Chocolate Peanutbutter Brownie Cookies, but I went with cake bites since they literally taste like biting into a piece of rich chocolate cake. The batter is super thick and makes for ultra chewy and moist cookies that stay soft even when cooled.
Now for the fun part – Bob’s Red Mill has offered to give away a set of the same four products to one of my readers! All you have to do is look below for giveaway information, and enter by either clicking through to like my facebook page or leaving a comment on this post telling me what your favorite healthy dessert is! (Edit: Giveaway has ended)
The giveaway will be open until 11:59 p.m. ET on September 8, 2015. See terms and conditions below. Make sure to click within the Rafflecopter box to make sure your entry works! There are two ways to enter – visit my page through the Rafflecopter box or click the box and enter a comment on this post. Now go bake yourself a batch of these cake bites, you won’t be sorry!
- 1 cup creamy peanutbutter
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 3 Tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons carob powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Beat peanutbutter, apple sauce, eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla until well combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk oat flour, coconut flour, carob powder, baking powder, and sea salt until combined
- Add dry ingredients to wet, mixing until combined
- Add chocolate chips and stir well
- Drop by spoonfuls (batter will be thick) onto a baking sheet
- bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes
- Cook and store in an airtight container
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this gift set. By entering this giveaway, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these official rules. Entry open to anyone 18 years of age and over, U.S. and Canada only. Giveaway ends at 11:59pm ET on September 8, 2015. Winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and will have 48 hours to respond to email notification. Giveaway is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill; Blue Ridge Babe is not responsible for prize fulfillment.
EDIT: Giveaway closed. Congrats to Missy S. for winning the Bob’s Red Mill Gift Set!