Protein shakes are one of my favorite ways to fuel up on fruit and protein. I have always been a lover of anything chocolate and peanut butter. Yes please!!
This shake is one of staples. I am mostly vegetarian with the exception of occasional seafood, so it is important to me that I am getting enough protein. When I have a protein smoothie in the morning, not only do I feel better, but I tend to stay fuller longer and have more energy throughout the day.
This protein shake is easy to make and delicious. I typically keep lots of frozen banana chunks on hand in a gallon sized Ziploc baggie for easy smoothie making.
I love using chocolate hemp protein powder in this recipe, however not everyone likes hemp. It has been an acquired taste for me. Another great protein option for this smoothie would be Sunwarrior brand chocolate or natural protein powder.
- 1 cup frozen banana chunks
- ¾ cup chocolate almond milk (I use Silk brand usually)
- 1 cup, or slightly more to get consistency, unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons of all natural peanutbutter
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Chocolate Hemp Protein Powder (I use Nutiva brand)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or single serve smoothie maker. Blend and enjoy!