Can you believe it’s already November?! I know I can’t. Early in October I made these mashed potatoes to share with you guys, as well as my easy vegan stuffing. I thought I would get a head start on Thanksgiving recipes, and here I am just now posting them! Oh well, still in time for Thanksgiving planning!
Thanksgiving meal prep can be notoriously time consuming. This year, I’m all about finding ways to save time! These Crockpot Garlic Mashed Potatoes will be one of the easiest sides to prep on your table. Barely any prep work and you let the crockpot do all the work. You’ll love how much time you’ll save (no boiling or mashing required!)
Check out the video below for the step by step tutorial!
An added bonus to these potatoes is that they’re vegan and WAY healthier than your average mashed potatoes. Thanksgiving is all about indulging, but I like to find ways to lighten up recipes while still making them flavorful. These potatoes are definitely going to be on my table this year!
- 5 pounds russet potatoes
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ cups unsweetened unflavored almond milk
- 1 cup vegan buttery spread
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- Rinse potatoes well and dice into small pieces (no need to peel the skins)
- Place garlic cloves on the bottom of the slow cooker
- Pour in diced potatoes
- Pour 3 cups of vegetable broth over potatoes
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until potatoes are fork tender
- Add almond milk, butter, sea salt, and pepper
- Using a mixer, mix potatoes until smooth and creamy (see video above for tutorial)
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste