When I was at the grocery store this week, I remembered about when I was on a dark cherry smoothie kick about a year or so back, and decided to grab some to make this smoothie again.
I love dark chocolate and cherries together! For this recipe, I used hemp protein. I will warn you that this can be an acquired taste. When I first tasted hemp protein, I thought it tasted like dirt. Now I love it!
Weird much? Well it’s true. Hemp just grows on you. At least the chocolate does for me. You can substitute any chocolate protein powder in this recipe and it should work well 🙂
- 1 cup of frozen pitted sweet dark cherries
- 5 small banana chunks (about 1 small frozen banana)
- 1½ tablespoons of all natural peanutbutter
- 1 teaspoon of carob powder
- 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate hemp protein powder
- 1½ tablespoons of honey
- 1½ cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or single serve smoothie maker. Blend and adjust sweetener if necessary. Enjoy!