I love the simplicity of bruschetta and the flavor just gets better the longer it marinates! It’s such a great appetizer. This recipe can be thrown together in less than 10 minutes!
I used shallots and just a hint of garlic in this recipe to make it more mild. Raw garlic and onion can sometimes upset my stomach, but this was just the right amount!
- 3 cups diced roma tomatoes (about 3 fist sized tomatoes)
- .6 ounces of basil, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely diced shallot
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir well
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving (the flavor just gets better the more it marinates!)
- Enjoy on crusty bread or baguettes, or serve with chips