I highly recommend this dish to everyone, whether or not you love eggnog!
I have never loved eggnog, as I found it too sweet and heavy.
However, I took one sip of this vegan eggnog and I was hooked! I love how light and creamy it tastes.
I love how fluffy and just a little crispy these were!
It was the best french toast I’ve tasted in my life. Like crazy GOOD.
The eggnog gives it a delicious sweetness without being overly sweet once you add maple syrup.
I’ll definitely be including this in my favorite holiday recipes!
- 12 pieces of bread (I used millet bread to make it gluten free)
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup vegan eggnog
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Earth balance buttery spread
- Maple Syrup
- Whisk eggs, vegan eggnog, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a flat bowl until thoroughly combined
- Melt 2-3 tablespoons of earth balance in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Dunk bread in eggnog mixture, let excess drip off, and cook in skillet for about 5 minutes until done, flipping to cook thoroughly
- Add more earth balance each time you start to cook a new batch.
- Serve with additional earth balance, maple syrup, and optional blueberries.