Brownies are one of my favorite desserts to make for an easy crowd pleaser or simple treat.
While I love boxed mix brownies (who doesn’t?!), they often leave me feeling tired and draggy from all of added the sugar (I’ve found that even the organic versions are often way too sweet for me as well).
I created these healthy one bowl brownies as a quick and delicious way to satisfy my dessert craving!
These brownies require just ONE bowl, minimal ingredients, and are way healthier than the boxed variety!
These are not your average sugar loaded brownies.
They are full of goodness (coconut oil, olive oil, cacao powder), and not overpoweringly sweet.
These healthy one bowl brownies puff up to cake size, but keep that same chewy gooey brownie taste.
Extra thick brownies? Don’t mind if I do!
While I love that these brownies are sweet, but not overly so, if you prefer a sweeter brownie, simply throw in a little more coconut sugar or add some additional chocolate chips to the batter.
These left my chocolate craving satisfied without the guilt and were a hit with all that tried them!
- ½ cup coconut oil, measured while solid
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Watch the video above for a tutorial of how to make these easy brownies!
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil and chocolate chips (It took me 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds to melt completely)
- Add olive oil, vanilla extract, and eggs and whisk to combine
- Add flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt
- Whisk until well combined
- Pour batter into a greased 13 X 9 baking dish and spread evenly
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean