While I love pizza, I was feeling a bit sluggish after all that heavy food.
I remembered how good my Vegetarian Crockpot Stuffed Peppers were and wanted to create something similar but make it taste like pizza.
I found these cute little individual crocks that I had bought and hadn’t used yet.
They fit one pepper each perfectly! Plus they make for a super cute way to serve dinner!
My husband took one bite and said it tasted exactly like pizza!
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 large green peppers
- 16 oz mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 head of garlic (around 10-12 large cloves), minced or finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 15 oz can of pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Rinse quinoa and cook according to package instructions, set aside.
- Combine mushrooms, onion, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper in a large skillet
- Cook on medium high heat for 15-20 minutes, or until mushrooms cook off their liquid
- Add cooked quinoa, pizza sauce, 2 tablespoons of shredded Parmesan, and 1 cup of mozzarella to the mushroom mixture, stir well.
- Taste and add additional sea salt if necessary
- Cut the tops off of 4 large green peppers, and remove inner membrane and seeds
- Stuff each pepper to the top with the filling mixture
- Place peppers in a dish and add ½ inch of water to the bottom of the dish (this will help with cooking)
- Cook at 375 for 20-25 minutes
- Take peppers out of oven and sprinkle mozzarella on top
- Cook an additional 5-10 minutes, or until green pepper is cooked to your liking
- Serve alone or with garlic bread