We had leftovers the next day and scrambled in some eggs since we used all the shrimp. It was like fried rice, so good!
Healthy Teryaki Shrimp Stirfry
Author: Blue Ridge Babe
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced or finely diced
- 15 oz can of cut baby corn, drained
- 8 oz can of sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 10 oz frozen peas
- 6 servings of instant brown rice, cooked according to package instructions
- Annie Chun's gluten free teriyaki sauce
- Low sodium tamari
- 10 oz wild caught medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Cook the amount of rice required for 6 servings, according to the box. I used instant brown rice, it takes about 10 minutes to make.
- Season rice with 2 tablespoons of tamari and 1 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce, set aside.
- Sautee garlic and onion on medium heat in a large skillet with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and ⅛ teaspoon of sea salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent
- Add corn and water chestnuts to onion mixture and turn heat to medium high. Cook for around 5 minutes, stirring often, to get water chestnuts crispy.
- Add peas, 2 tablespoons of tamari, and ¼ cup of teriyaki sauce to the skillet mixture
- Cook for another 5 minutes, or until peas are defrosted
- Defrost shrimp according to package instructions
- Cook shrimp in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Cook for around 6 minutes, flipping at least once, until it is white all the way through.
- Toss shrimp with ⅛ cup of teriyaki sauce
- Serve rice topped with veggie mixture and shrimp
- Serve with additional teriyaki sauce and green onions for topping