This recipe for honey barbeque sauce is the perfect marinade for shrimp or tofu!
This sauce is sweet, without being overly so and is the perfect combination of flavors!
We had ours with roasted potatoes and garlic roasted broccoli!
- 1 package organic tofu
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of Bone Suckin' Barbeque Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ¼ Teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ Teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ Teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ Teaspoon paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt
- For barbeque sauce: Combine bone suckin' sauce, honey, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and garlic powder in a bowl, mix well.
- Sprinkle shrimp with garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper. Cook in a skillet with a little olive oil for about 5 minutes on medium heat, making sure to flip so that both sides get cooked well. Add ½ of honey bbq sauce to skillet and toss well.
- Press tofu until about ½ inch thick (You will need a tofu press. This can take about a half hour and it will need to be tightened several times)
- Cut tofu into small chunks and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook in a skillet on medium heat with some olive oil and the remaining barbeque sauce. Tofu can be tricky to cook, make sure to stir often and allow it to get as crispy as possible.