Happy Thanksgiving (Eve) friends! It’s been quite awhile since I’ve done a non-recipe post. This time of year always flies by way too fast. The first cool weather (fall is my fave), pumpkin carving, and before you know it it’s almost time for Turkey day and Christmas.
I can’t believe how quickly this fall has gone by.
Crosby is growing like a weed. Hard to believe he’ll be 4 months old soon. He’s growing up before my eyes and it makes me incredibly sad/in awe at the same time. I love this tiny little human!
Today I did my Thanksgiving shopping (please tell me I’m not the only one that procrastinates until the day before?!) and some prep work while my mom watched Crosby.
Croz has been super clingy and fussy lately (even more so than usual), making it hard to get things done. One day at a time, but this mama is worn out – Thanksgiving break with my hubby home is MUCH needed!
This year I’ve decided to start our own little Thanksgiving tradition and I’m going all out for just the 3 of us (plus we are inviting my mom over.) Even though Croz isn’t old enough to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner yet, I know that one day he’ll look back fondly on the Thanksgiving memories that we create together.
I can’t wait to add more dishes each year and keep making my traditional favorites! I’ve truly rediscovered my love of cooking on a deeper level and love experimenting with new recipes and creating new traditions. This is the most excited that I have ever been for Thanksgiving!
Foods I’m loving lately…
- These cookies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- berry bagel + instant iced coffee every morning
- fresh juice
- crockpot meals
- everything pumpkin-y and Thanksgiving-y!
- That it was time for Thanksgiving dinner!
- That time would slow down. I’ve never been more sad to see time go quickly. I can’t even think about how big Crosby will be by this time this year…make it stop!
- Gilmore Girls (please tell me you’re watching the revival?!!!!)
- cozy sweatpants (because lets be real…nothing fits me postpartum #momproblems)
- Every single thing from the Pioneer Woman collection (how is it all so adorable?!)
Questions for you…
- What are your Thanksgiving plans this year?
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
- What is your favorite thing about the holidays?