I’ve been posting a lot of easy meals on my facebook page lately. During the week, I often end up making simple and quick meals just to make it easier on myself when I have a lot going on.
I have several different variations of mac and cheese that I like to make for easy meals. I will be sharing my other ones as well. I’ve found that with a few simple ingredients it’s possible to make boxed macaroni taste like a fancy dish from a restaurant. This meal is one of my favorites!
- 2 boxes of Annie's homegrown organic mac and cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread (or butter)
- 6 Taplespoons water
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen organic peas
- ½ onion, diced
- 7 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 4 sundried tomatoes in oil, chopped (plus 2 Tablespoons of sundried tomato oil from jar)
- sea salt
- Cook Macaroni and cheese according to package instructions, drain shells
- Combine the 6 Tablespoons of water and 2 Tablespoons of Earth Balance in with cheese packets and stir well, add back shells and combine.
- While shells are cooking, chop onion, garlic, and sundried tomatoes and sautee in a skillet with the sundried tomato oil until cooked (about 5-8 minutes)
- Combine macaroni, peas, and garlic/onion mixture together and heat until peas are no longer frozen
- Top with freshly cracked black pepper and additional sea salt if necessary