While I love eating healthy, salad is one thing that I am really picky about.
It’s not that I hate salads, it’s just that they have to taste good. Like really good, or they’re not worth my time.
Eating healthy foods for me does not mean eating bland foods. If something doesn’t taste good, I’m not going to eat it or make it.
I have had too many wilted, bland, or just gross salads.
Salads are easily one of the most healthiest things to eat, but can also be unhealthy if loaded with high calorie add-ons and drenched in dressing.
Most are too thick, too acidic, too bland, too sweet, or too high calorie.
I have tried many different brands and usually end up making my own because the store bought ones don’t measure up. When I tried Annie’s Tuscany Italian dressing, I knew I’d finally found the salad dressing I’d been searching for!
It’s full of flavor but not too acidic, and it goes well with lots of flavor combinations!
This is my go to dressing, and one of the only dressings I will buy. I love it!
I absolutely love this brand of veggie burgers. Anyone who’s tried frozen veggie burgers knows how hard it is to find veggie burgers that are both healthy and delicious, Hilary’s are both!
I have tried 3 or 4 flavors of these burgers and loved them all, I highly recommend them!
This recipe is high in protein thanks to the veggie burger and my homemade croutons that I used.
This is my favorite go to salad when I want a quick and nutritious meal!
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce*
- shredded carrots*
- italian dressing
- 2 Hilary's Eat Well veggie burgers
- ½ batch Homemade Croutons
- Cook croutons in oven according to this recipe
- Using a skillet, sautee veggie burgers in olive oil until cooked, cut into chunks in skillet once they start to defrost (I just use my spatula to break up)
- Chop romaine hearts and place in bowls
- Top with shredded carrots, veggie burger chunks, croutons, and dressing to taste
I suggest making a half batch of my homemade croutons if you're just making this for 2. The croutons need to be eaten right away and don't store well.