Today I’m sharing the recipe for perfect whole wheat banana bread.
I’ve been using this recipe for years and it comes out perfect, moist, and delicious every single time!
So many recipes I see call for sugar..and more sugar…and oil, butter etc.
These ingredients are totally unnecessary for awesome banana bread.
Bananas themselves are naturally sweet, and make the bread moist and sweet without the use of excessive oil and sweeteners.
My husband and I love this recipe cold from the fridge.
Want perfect banana bread every time that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating? Make this recipe!
Make sure to follow me on instagram @buildyourbite and tag your recipe creations #buildyourbite for me to see!
- ⅓ cup (no sugar added) Applesauce
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
- Cream applesauce, maple syrup, and eggs in a medium mixing bowl
- Beat in bananas
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda until well combined
- Add dry mixture to wet, beating until well combined
- Grease a loaf pan and pour batter in
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until top cracks and starts to brown
- Store leftovers in the fridge after cooling