Welcome back to (the last installment) of my monthly traffic and income report series! My goal from the beginning of this blog was to learn how to make an income from it. When I started my blog, I was a stay at home wife – with the goal of being a stay at home mom. It has always been my goal to be able to stay home with my children and be there for every single second possible that I can. My first son was born in August and I am now a stay at home mom! This blog is both a passion of mine, as well as a way for me to earn a little extra each month to help support my little family. To read about this month’s report, keep reading!
- MediaVine: $2,125.49
- Sponsored Posts: $250
Total September Income: $2,375.49
September was the most profitable month of my blog to date! Last month had been my most profitable month, and September more than doubled last month’s profits! I’m still blown away by the successes of September and am eagerly anticipating Q4 and the holidays!
SEPTEMBER RPM = $9.50
September’s RPM went up again. I would love to continue this upwards trend! Q4 (October, November, and December) are the most profitable months for bloggers, and I am looking forward to (hopefully) keeping up this great RPM!
- Media temple (hosting) – $20.00
- Amazon (hosting) – $9.34
- Vaultpress – $5.00
- Facebook Ads – $9.21
- Food Blogger Pro – $29.00
- Google Aps – $5.00
- Adobe photoshop – $5.00
- Adobe Premiere Pro – $19.99
Total August Expenses: $102.54
This month, I added in an additional expense – Adobe Premiere Pro. I will be using this software to edit all of my videos in the future. It was definitely a learning curve when I first started using it, but I’m finally starting to get the hang of it!
Last month, I was excited to finally hit the milestone of 100,000 page views in a month. September completely blew me away as I not only surpassed that, but had over a quarter of a million views (!!!!!)
See that huge spike in the graph? That happened from a Buzzfeed article that I wrote that was shared on the Tasty facebook page (which has over 72 million likes.) This resulted in 34,665 page views on September 17th and 28,682 page views on September 18th. Talk about crazy!! I’m still in shock. Definitely wish that would happen every month!
Pinterest and Google traffic were both up quite a bit from last month. It was an all around awesome month!
- I still can’t believe how successful September was. Buzzfeed posts have been a HUGE traffic source for me and I hope that they continue to be. I definitely don’t expect every month to be that profitable, but it gives me a goal to strive towards! October so far is looking great so I am pleased with that.
- As I am approaching my 2 year blog anniversary, I am reflecting on how far I have come in this amount of time. It’s so important not to compare yourself to others, no matter what your career choice. Being a blogger, it is almost too easy to fall into this trap. (Like many other bloggers), I follow TONS of other food bloggers on facebook, instagram, pinterest, and twitter. It is SO easy to fall into that trap of comparison. Sure, other bloggers have gotten way farther than me in 2 years time. But every blog is different. I’m not a food blogger because I want to be “the best.” I blog because it makes me happy. I enjoy sharing my favorite recipes with other people who may enjoy them. And that’s all that matters.
- September will be last income report on Build Your Bite for awhile. I plan to do a year end/end of Q4 recap, but I will be discontinuing these reports. With a two month old baby, I find myself always fighting to get enough things done, and from now on I will be focusing on creating new content and promoting old content. I do love these reports as they are a tangible way to see growth. Perhaps I’ll start doing a yearly or bi-yearly report. I’m not sure yet. But I definitely want to continue this in some way!
- Facebook: 1,383 (up 211)
- Pinterest: 2,025 (up 138)
- Instagram: 422 (up 54)
- Twitter: 335 (up 9)
That’s all for this months report, make sure to follow me for new recipes and posts!