Today I’m adding another protein smoothie choice for you: introducing the Strawberry Cacao Protein Smoothie! This is the lightest and most creamy protein shake that I’ve ever made! It’s sweet and light and full of protein!
When I make smoothies, I tend to try to make them lighter. By doing this, I can get more protein in, while not feeling overly full or heavy after drinking it. This delicious smoothie is just 5 ingredients (6 if you count the topping), and has around 22 grams or more of protein in it!
Some of my greatest recipes end up being unplanned. This is one of those things I threw together while in my pajamas, and hurrying to get a quick picture for the blog before hubby had to leave for work. I added rich dark organic cacao powder and topped it with cacao nibs to add a little chocolate flavor!
I also used Silk Unsweetened Cashew milk in this recipe. It is so creamy, much creamier than almond milk which is what I normally use. I made chocolate milk with it yesterday and can’t wait to use it in more recipes! It’s my first time trying it and I’m impressed! If you love chocolate and strawberries, make this your next smoothie!
- 5 large frozen strawberries
- 2 scoops of Tera's whey organic vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (almond milk would work as well)
- raw cacao nibs, for topping (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender or single serve smoothie maker
- Top with raw cacao nibs (optional)