Last week I was doing some Thanksgiving recipe testing and decided to try the recipe for vegan gravy from Oh She Glows. While I like the gravy (and it was the best I’d ever had), I knew that I wanted to change it up and make my own version!
I absolutely love mushrooms, and thought they would be a delicious addition to this gravy and I was right! When I first tasted this recipe I was shocked at the depth of flavor. It is the best gravy I have tasted in my entire life (and it’s vegan!)
What I love the most about this recipe is how easy it is to make! It can be thrown together and done in under 20 minutes, and I had all the ingredients on hand! I would definitely recommend this gravy to vegetarians/vegans/meateaters alike! It is delicious and will be a recipe that I make over and over again!
- ⅓ onion, diced
- 8-10 large mushrooms, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- sea salt
- Sautee ⅓ cup onion, mushrooms, and garlic and a sprinkle of salt and pepper in a pan on medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Combine garlic/onion/mushroom mixture and remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until totally smooth
- Pour contents into a pan and bring to a boil, then reduce to low and stir constantly, until desired thickness is reached (does not take long, maybe 5 minutes)