I absolutely love taco night at my house! Tacos are my go-to meal. I love making endless variations of tacos and taco bowls using fresh ingredients for a well rounded and healthy meal. My staples include onion, lots of garlic, beans, and a medley of different vegetables, depending on what I have.
For this recipe, I had a ton of fresh bell peppers to use up. I chopped them up with onion, lots of fresh garlic, and added mushrooms, beans, and a few spices.
I also love to make fresh salsa. The flavor cannot even be compared. Every bite is so fresh and bursting with flavor. This salsa pairs perfectly with my taco mixture! Check out my salsa recipe here
- 4 large bell peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 large cloves of garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 2 small packages of mushrooms
- 1 can black beans
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt (more if desired)
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- fresh lime
- Homemade salsa
- Combine bell peppers, onion, and garlic in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Sautee for 6-8 minutes.
- Cook mushrooms separately in a skillet with a small amount of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, until done, about 7-10 minutes. Drain off excess liquid.
- Add mushrooms to bell pepper mixture, stir in beans and remaining spices until well combined. Heat on low until mixture is hot.
- Top with fresh lime and homemade salsa
- Serve with corn chips (I like Garden of Eatin brand)