Mac and cheese is one of my favorite comfort meals. When I’m stressed out or just want some good comfort food, it’s always carbs that I crave.
Annie’s organic macaroni and cheese is my favorite boxed macaroni. They also sell non-organic mac, but I really can taste the difference and prefer the organic. This macaroni and cheese is creamy and comforting, but with a lot less crap that a brand like Kraft has.
Last week I made slowcooker vegan chili. We had it for leftovers several times and still had a ton leftover. I decided to freeze it and make this vegetarian chili mac the next week!
- 2 boxes of Annie's organic macaroni and cheese, cooked according to package instructions
- 5 cups of chili (I used this recipe)
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- ½ cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions
- Once macaroni is cooked, add chili, provolone, and Parmesan to the macaroni and stir until well combined
- Bake in a casserole dish at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes