I absolutely love chocolate chip cookies. Especially dark, rich, fluffy, extra chocolatey ones…
These were unbelievably delicious. I took one bite and thought they were the best cookies I’ve ever made! They are that good. And so soft and moist, the texture is just perfect.
I used whole wheat flour in this recipe to make it healthier, and because I actually prefer whole wheat to white flour.
You can’t taste the difference, and it cuts some major calories.
Apple sauce also makes the cookies have a cake like texture once they cool.
They are dense and so moist. Definitely my favorite way to eat cookies!
By using earth balance in place of butter, and dairy free chocolate chips (relatively easy to find), these cookies are lactose free!
If you want to impress your friends and family, try this recipe!
The flavor is so crazy good you won’t even know it’s healthier!
- 2¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup pure cane sugar
- ½ cup earth balance buttery spread, softened
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz dairy free chocolate chips (see picture above for what I used)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda and stir with a whisk, set aside.
- Beat sugar, apple sauce, earth balance, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add eggs and beat.
- Add dry mixture slowly to wet, and stir well until combined
- Stir in chocolate chips and oatmeal
- Bake for 10-14 minutes at 350 degrees (time will vary depending on oven)