Make this 30 minute chickpea stir fry for a healthy and quick dinner! Crunchy chickpeas, bell peppers, and mushrooms are a delicious stir fry combo.
Chickpea stir fry is a simple and yummy plant based dinner recipe.
See also: How Do You Thicken Stir Fry Sauce?
I made this meal for dinner last weekend on a whim, and it was so good that I planned the ingredients to make it again this week for the blog.
Normally, I’m all about tofu in stir fry recipes, but it definitely requires a little more time and effort.
I wanted to create a recipe that was practical and easy, and not time consuming.
How to make 30 minute chickpea stir fry
Ready from start to finish in just half an hour, and easy enough to make on any night, busy or not.
I have been on a chickpea kick lately.
I forgot just how versatile they are. They adapt so well to pretty much any flavor and I love them for a quick and cheap protein.
I also threw in some veggies: red bell pepper and mushrooms.
You can add whatever veggies you have on hand and it would work too!
I also love broccoli with garlic sauce and stir fry vegetables!
Just check out my guide for What are the best vegetables to put in stir fry?
The most important part is the fresh garlic and ginger, which you will use along with my 3 ingredient homemade stir fry sauce.
I’ll say it over and over because it’s so important: don’t leave it out!
Fresh garlic + fresh ginger + stir fry sauce = magic.
As simple as that. Those three steps, plus chickpeas and veggies of choice and dinner is perfection!
I use a rice cooker to get that perfect fluffy white rice that you would get when you order takeout.
Honestly, my rice cooker is my best friend these days. If you don’t have one, I highly recommend it. It was the best $30 I spent and I use it so much!
I use it every week for everything from stir fry recipes to mexican recipes. I love not having to babysit the rice, and it cooks perfectly every time!
Fluffy white rice + thick stir fry sauce over fresh veggies and chickpeas. YES please!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Tag me on instagram @buildyourbite!
30 Minute Chickpea Stir Fry
Easy 30 minute chickpea stir fry recipe with homemade stir fry sauce
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 batch homemade stir fry sauce
- 4 servings cooked white rice
- Cook rice according to instructions (I use a rice cooker.)
- Peel ginger and dice into small pieces
- Add ginger, garlic, diced bell peppers, mushrooms, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to a large skillet
- Saute on medium high heat for 10 - 13 minutes, or until mushrooms release their liquid and cook down
- Make the stir fry sauce by shaking in a mason jar
- Add sauce and chickpeas to skillet, and cook an additional 2 - 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens up to desired consistency
- Serve chickpea stir fry over the cooked white rice
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 18g