Gluten free almond butter chocolate chip cookies to help you find balance between healthy and sweets.
Almond butter is Crosby’s latest favorite food.
As an 18 month old who throws 98% of his food on the floor, I take this pretty seriously!
I was reminded of my love for almond butter now that we keep it regularly stocked in our house again.
These almond butter chocolate chip cookies are gluten free, oil free, and a healthy dessert that you don’t have to feel guilty about.
When I was experimenting with these cookies, I discovered that I only had one egg in the house, and I added a little bit of unsweetened applesauce to help these stick together. It worked great!
These cookies are gluten free, dairy free, and sweetened with pure maple syrup.
My mom, like many others, is gluten free.
I love experimenting to come up with gluten free desserts for those who can’t have traditional ingredients.
Gluten free does not have to mean tasteless!
I based these cookies off of my wildly popular Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
There are several tweaks, one being that these are not flourless (they use coconut flour).
I love the combo of coconut flour + almond butter for soft and cake like cookies.
They add such a great pop of color as well as visual appeal. I love them!
These have such great texture, which is one complaint I often hear about gluten free recipes.
Not this one! The texture is soft and delicate and they practically melt in your mouth.
Perfect with a glass of almond milk!
I sprinkled the tops of them with mini chocolate chips just for fun.
It adds a little more chocolate too, but I’m not complaining!
Two taste testers approved them and I might have tested one or two or three myself 🙈
Do you guys like almond butter? What’s your favorite brand?
My current buy is Simple Truth organic from Kroger, but I would love to try more brands!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More gluten free desserts I love:
- Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Reese’s Cups
- Dark Chocolate Almond Bark
- No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookie Bars
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Best Gluten Free Carrot Cake
- Perfect Fluffy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake
Click below to pin these Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Mini chocolate chips, for topping
- Flaked sea salt, for topping
- Beat together the almond butter, maple syrup, egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut flour, rolled oats, and baking powder
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, beating to combine
- Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet
- Use a spoon to flatten into cookie shapes (they will not rise or change shape much)
- Sprinkle tops with mini chocolate chips
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes or until tops look done
- Remove from oven and sprinkle immediately with sea salt flakes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 225 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 63mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 15g Protein: 5g