This best ever mushroom lasagna recipe is one that I’ve been wanting to share for a long time.
Layers of juicy mushrooms and a mixture of parmesan, mozzarella, and ricotta cheeses makes this every mushroom lover’s dream.
It’s no secret that mushrooms are one of my absolute favorite vegetables.
Pasta + Mushrooms? My DREAM.
The reason why I never got around to sharing this recipe is because I was never able to get any good photographs.
For as insanely delicious as this lasagna is, it is definitely one of the ugliest foods I’ve tried to photograph.
For what it lacks in aesthetics, this lasagna more than makes up for in flavor.
My husband and I have made this SO many times and it is our go to lasagna recipe.
Serve with some crusty garlic bread for total comfort food bliss!
Pin this Best Ever Mushroom Lasagna:
Best Ever Mushroom Lasagna
Layers of juicy mushrooms and a blend of parmesan, ricotta, and mozzarella cheeses make this lasagna to die for.
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (25 oz) jar of pasta sauce (I used mushroom flavored)
- 1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 9 oven ready lasagna noodles
- Wash and slice mushrooms
- Sautee mushrooms in a large skillet with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil
- Sautee 5-10 minutes, or until mushrooms release their liquid and cook down
- Add pasta sauce and stir to combine
- In a bowl, combine fresh parmesan, basil, ricotta, and egg. Stir well to combine.
- Spray a 9 X 13 casserole dish with cooking spray
- spread ⅓ cup of sauce mixture on the bottom of the dish
- place 3 noodles in a row across the dish
- top with 1 cup of ricotta mixture, spreading it out evenly
- add 1 cup of sauce mixture
- top with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- Place 3 more noodles
- Add 1 more cup of ricotta mixture
- repeat same amounts of sauce and mozzarella on top
- Add last 3 lasagna noodles
- top with remaining ricotta, sauce, and mozzarella
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 60 - 70 minutes, or until bubbly
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving