Freshly baked bread is one of my favorite things to eat. There’s just something so satisfying about it, definitely one of my favorite comfort foods! It always disappoints me when I look at bread in the grocery store. Every time I look at the bread aisle, I see “enriched” bread and added sugars and ingredient lists a mile long. So I buy Ezekiel bread from the grocery store (frozen), and also buy millet bread at our local healthy store. When I saw this bread at my local Kroger in the bakery section I was so excited!
I have been really impressed with their line of “simple truth organic” products. This is all the ingredients that I want to see when I buy bread! No extra junk in it and it tasted so fresh!
Cheesy Baked Garlic Bread Loaf
- 1 (12 oz) loaf of garlic french artisan bread
- vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 slices of provolone cheese
- Cut loaf in half, and place on a baking sheet, flat side up
- Spread a thin layer of vegan mayonnaise on each open faced side
- Sprinkle garlic powder and basil evenly over bread
- Top one side with 3 slices of provolone cheese, ripped to fit
- Close loaf back up
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 425 degrees
- Slice and enjoy!