I’ve never been a big chili lover. I liked it, but I wasn’t crazy about it.
Enter this recipe.
Robbie had been saying he makes the best chili ever and I was all “oh honey that’s great!” but we had never made it. Well this weekend had been cold and was the perfect chili weather!
Robbie whipped up this delicious vegetarian chili to marinate in the crockpot all day.
When I first tasted this chili I was shocked that I actually loved it!
I never thought that I would love chili! The flavors are absolutely perfect.
It is the best chili I have ever tasted in my life, even better than meat chili that I had when I used to eat beef.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my One Pot Vegetarian Chili Mac for another delicious meal!
Cheesy Vegetarian Chili
- 2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans organic chili beans in sauce (not drained)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 (14.5 oz) can sliced stewed tomatoes with juices
- 6 oz organic tomato paste
- 5 large cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion (about 1.5 cups), chopped
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sautee garlic and onion in a skillet on medium heat until slightly browned (about 5-10 minutes)
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
- Top with sharp cheddar cheese and serve with crackers (these are back to nature brand)