I was absolutely head-over-heels in love with their potato soup.
I loved that soup so much that one day I asked which days they made it each week, and started to plan to come on those days.
I decided that I wanted to experiment with making my own potato soup at home – but lightening it up too!
This soup is thick and creamy and rich, but secretly full of healthy good-for-you cauliflower!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely diced or minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, ends removed and diced into florets
- 2 medium russet potatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups of 2% milk
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese + more for topping
- Sautee garlic and onion with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until onion starts to soften
- Add onion mixture, fresh rosemary, diced cauliflower and potatoes, milk, vegetable broth, thyme, and smoked paprika to a large slow cooker
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until cauliflower and potatoes are easily pierced with a fork
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until creamy
- Add 1.5 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper to taste
- Serve topped with additional cheese
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 945mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 22g