As of yesterday, my hubby and I are homeowners!
We ended up buying the house across the street from us and the whole selling process took 2 weeks and we are already moving in, craziness!
We are SO excited, and we plan to live here a long time.
I was on a mission to create a delicious and healthy veggie burger.
These are just in time for Fourth of July too!
We topped ours with vegan mayonnaise, juicy tomato slices, ketchup, and pickles!
These burgers are perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, and also great crumbled on a salad!
- 2 (15 oz) cans of black beans, drained and mashed
- ⅓ cup grated onion (see note)
- 2 cups gluten free oats, ground into flour
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Vegan Mayo
- Tomato slices
- Drain Black beans and mash into a chunky texture, place in a large bowl
- Grate ⅓ cup of onion, and pat with a paper towel to remove excess water, add to beans
- Whisk eggs and add to the bowl
- Using a blender, grind 2 cups of oats into flour, add to bowl
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined
- Shape burgers into patties and place on a baking sheet
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, then flip burgers over
- Cook an additional 12-15 minutes, or until crispy and browned
- Serve on buns with ketchup, pickles, vegan mayo, tomatoes, and toppings of choice.