If you hang around here a lot, you know how much I love my desserts! These dark chocolate sea salt no bake cookies are one of my favorite healthy treats to have on hand.
I am always on the search for healthy (and delicious!) desserts, and love experimenting in the kitchen!
So I was super excited. Next, all my hopes and dreams were crashed when I poured the cereal in (before tasting – even though it was never opened) and it was STALE. Like inedible. And just ruined my super-amazing-lick-the-spoon chocolate sauce.
To say I was disappointed was an understatement. Not only did my recipe ruin, but I couldn’t even save the killer sauce since it was now coated onto stale cereal.
So the best chocolate sauce I’ve ever made went into the trash. It was a very sad day.
There was no way I was going to let the most amazing dark chocolate sea salt sauce not go into a recipe! I decided to make it into no bake cookies, one of my favorite desserts.
I have another recipe for No Bake Cookies on my blog (which I love), but this one is a different flavor and super rich and dark chocolate-y.
So rich you won’t believe it’s healthy (and vegan)!
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt No Bake Cookies
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup carob powder (can substitute unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3.5 oz Dark chocolate sea salt bar (I used 55% Cacao)
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Combine coconut oil, carob powder, vanilla extract, peanutbutter, cacao powder, maple syrup and sea salt in a sauce pan and heat on low/medium for 5-7 minutes, whisking, until melted
- Add chocolate bar in and stir until dissolved and combined (a minute or less usually)
- Stir in rolled oats and remove from heat
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets covered with wax paper
- Cool in fridge until set.
- Store in fridge or freezer (I like mine frozen - they are chewy and fudge like)