It’s so easy to make homemade croutons, and they are the perfect addition to any salad! Add some crunch to your favorite salad with this delicious recipe.
Croutons are something that I love to make for an easy way to add extra flavor and crunch to my salads.
Let’s be honest, sometimes they are the best part.
This recipe is so simple to make, and taste so much better than store bought croutons!
All you need is bread, a few simple spices, and olive oil!
My favorite way to eat these are on a big chopped romaine salad with chick’n nuggets, carrot shreds, fresh grated sharp cheddar cheese, and chipotle ranch dressing.
I’m telling you, it is absolutely delicious!
Why have boring salads when you can make them taste incredible at home?!
This recipe makes around 4 cups of croutons.
We love extra croutons on our salads!
The cook time will depend on the type of bread that you use.
Pretty much any bread will work – whole wheat, gluten free, white bread, baguettes, etc.
Just keep an eye on it closely to make sure the croutons get nice and crispy without burning.
Some breads are faster to crisp up, while others will take a bit longer.
Just keep flipping/checking on the croutons every 5 ish minutes, and more often once they are almost done.
The flavor is great with pretty much any salad, so the yummy dinner possibilities are endless!
Do you have a favorite salad combo? Let me know in the comments!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 6 heaping cups bread cubes
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil, or enough to coat
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- Place bread cubes on a baking sheet and sprinkle the tops with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and oregano. Drizzle olive oil over the top and toss until croutons are coated in oil
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, then stir and flip the croutons. Bake an additional 5-15 minutes until browned and crunchy. Watch closely at the end to avoid burning
- Store in an airtight bag or container once cooled and enjoy within 1-2 days for best freshness.
*Note: How long these need to cook will depend on what type of bread you use.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:¼ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g