These glazed lemon cranberry muffins will make your home smell like Christmas! A delicious holiday treat made with fresh cranberries.
Fresh cranberries are one of my favorite parts of the holidays.
Cranberries are not just for cranberry sauce, they are a delicious way to add a burst of seasonal flavor to breads, muffins, cookies, and more!
These glazed lemon cranberry muffins would make a perfect Christmas morning breakfast, and is one of my favorites along with Eggnog French Toast.
These sweet little muffins are made with greek yogurt to make them super fluffy, and topped with a heavenly fresh lemon glaze.
These would make a great breakfast for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning!
how to make glazed cranberry lemon muffins
First, whisk the yogurt, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, eggs, and sugar until combined.
In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and stir until just combined (do not over mix).
Fold in the cranberries until combined.
Line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners.
How do you keep muffins from sticking to paper liners?
My favorite way is to use parchment paper muffin liners.
The muffins do not stick at all to these!
Alternatively, you can spray the insides of paper liners with cooking spray before filling.
Distribute the batter evenly into 12 muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
While the muffins begin to cool, make the glaze.
How to make glaze for muffins
All you need to make the glaze is an acidic component along with powdered sugar.
To make a sweet lemon glaze, simply whisk together lemon juice with powdered sugar until a glaze forms.
Drizzle over the muffins and enjoy!
More cranberry recipes
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Cranberry Eggnog Bread
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- Cranberry Blueberry Crisp
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1/2 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- Whisk together yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, eggs, and cane sugar
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt
- Stir the dry ingredients to the wet until just combined
- Fold in the cranberries
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper muffin liners (these help the muffins not to stick) or spray regular muffin liners with cooking spray
- Distribute batter evenly into the 12 cups
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Make the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and lemon juice
- Glaze the muffins
- Store leftover muffins in the fridge for 3-4 days for best results
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g