Gluten free apple muffins with cinnamon and coconut oil.
A light and fluffy healthy muffin recipe perfect for breakfast or a snack!
It’s the last week of our muffin of the week series (insert sad face here).
I really enjoyed this series, and it brought out my creative side having to come up with a new muffin recipe every single week!
In case you missed previous weeks, here are all the other muffin recipes from our MOTW series:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Wholesome Carrot Apple Muffins
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread Muffins
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
You can also check out my roundup of 13 Healthy Muffin Recipes for all of my favorite muffin recipes!
My favorite part of this series was enjoying an easy breakfast or snack that wasn’t packaged and made me feel amazing.
The whole point of the series was to get Crosby to eat more food, and so far he has loved every muffin recipe at least once, and that’s a win in my book!
How to make gluten free apple muffins
After I made my gluten free chocolate chip muffins, I fell in love with how soft and dense they were for being gluten free.
The texture was just spot on, and I was addicted!
I decided to use that same oat flour/coconut flour ratio to make up a batch of gluten free apple muffins. I love using oat and coconut flour to make muffins and baked goods gluten free.
I also use oat flour and coconut flour in my gluten free carrot cake. They pair wonderfully together and are easy to find and affordable, all things that I think are important for gluten free baking.
These muffins won’t win any awards for beauty, but they are delicious!
Using grated apple cuts down on the amount of oil used, while still resulting in super soft muffins.
My favorite way to eat these are warmed up with a bit of butter smeared on top.
It definitely doesn’t taste like I am eating a healthy snack.
Isn’t that the best kind of food?
The one that is incredibly healthy but tastes like a treat.
You can see just how soft they are!
One batch won’t last but a few days in our house!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Click below to pin these Gluten Free Apple Muffins:
Gluten Free Apple Muffins Recipe:
- 2/3 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- Whisk together oat flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and oats in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, grated apple, vanilla, eggs, and maple syrup
- Add dry ingredients to the wet, and use a rubber spatula to stir until just combined
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper muffin liners
- Distribute batter into 12 muffin cups, and use a spoon to press batter down (it will be thick, and will not change shape much from how you press it down)
- Sprinkle tops with rolled oats (optional)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 16 - 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Serve warm with butter or vegan butter to keep it dairy free
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!