This greek yogurt lemon loaf is melt in your mouth delicious!
Oh Greek Yogurt Lemon Loaf, how I love you.
Full of healthier ingredients but with that sweet lemon-y glaze that practically melts in your mouth.
If you have a sweet tooth for spring this one’s for you!
After making this bread, I decided that I am in love with all things lemon.
This could have something to do with the fact that we put a whole lemon in our smoothies every day.
Maybe my body realized how tangy delicious they are, who knows? All I know is I just can’t get enough of all the lemon things!
Homemade bread feels like such a treat but it’s so simple to make.
And that glaze one top? Heaven.
Tangy sweet lemon glaze drizzled over homemade bread – that’s what life is all about.
I used lemon zest both in the bread and in the glaze to ensure that extra flavor punch and every bite was full of lemon goodness!
To compensate for the sweet glaze, I cut back the sweetener so that the bread was sweet, but now overpowering.
This makes it sweet but not I-have-a-cavity-now sweet.
Personally, I don’t like things that are overly sweet, just plain sweet is good to me!
I like to eat this straight out of the fridge so that the glaze hardens and tastes like frosting.
It wouldn’t be me if I didn’t try to make a recipe healthier though, so for this bread I used feel good ingredients like coconut oil, whole wheat pastry flour, and mashed banana.
Greek yogurt adds both protein and gives the bread a nice moistness.
This tastes like a treat I would see at Starbucks.
Lemon bread and coffee? That sounds like a winning combo to me.
Once your bread is finished cooking, you will allow it to cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
This will help make sure the bread doesn’t stick and comes out all at once.
I know I’m not the only one who is too eager to eat that you try to remove a loaf only for the bottom to stick!
Once removed, drizzle that homemade yummy glaze on top and you’re golden.
Happiness in a loaf, my friends.
I love baking with greek yogurt, these greek yogurt chocolate chip muffins are another favorite of ours.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More bread recipes to try:
For the Bread
- 1 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup mashed banana
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together salt, baking soda, whole wheat pastry flour, and coconut flour
- In a separate bowl, beat together melted coconut oil, mashed banana, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and greek yogurt until well combined
- Add dry ingredients to the wet, beating until well incorporated
- Grease a loaf pan and pour the batter in, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Make glaze by whisking together the ingredients until combined
- Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing it
- Once removed, glaze loaf and allow to cool
- Store leftovers in the fridge
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 4gSugar: 21gProtein: 9g