Healthy egg salad sandwiches are the lunch of your dreams! Low in calories, lighter ingredients, but packed full of the flavor you love.
Egg salad is a classic lunch favorite, but traditional recipes are loaded with mayo.
This easy healthy egg salad recipe is made with just a few ingredients, healthier swaps, and tastes amazing!
An easy make ahead lunch recipe that is high in protein.
Ingredients to make healthy egg salad sandwiches
- hard boiled eggs – You will need 10 for this recipe. We prefer to make hard boiled eggs in the oven.
- sweet relish – this is our favorite to use in egg salad. You can also substitute diced bread and butter or dill pickles, if you prefer
- celery – gotta have that fresh crunch!
- red onion – for a little more texture
- plain greek yogurt – a healthier swap from traditional mayo! Full of protein and low fat.
- fresh dill – a must! adds lovely fresh flavor.
- garlic powder – just a hint.
- paprika – we love lots of this! paprika is the best in egg salad.
- salt and pepper– add to taste at the end to make sure you do not over salt.
How to make healthy egg salad
To make the egg salad, first hard boil your eggs.
As I mentioned above, I prefer the ease of making mine in the oven.
Dice up your celery, red onion, and dill.
Once you have peeled the hard boiled eggs, give them a rough chop and place in a bowl.
Add in the remaining ingredients: red onion, dill, celery, relish, greek yogurt, garlic powder, and paprika.
Salt and pepper to taste.
I love adding more paprika to mine at the end.
You can store your egg salad in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 3-4 days.
How to serve
- on your favorite bread with lettuce & tomato
- with wheat thins, triscuits, or other crackers
- in a wrap
- on a salad with your favorite greens
I have never been one for egg salad, but for this I make an exception.
A delicious recipe that is not only better for you, but tastes amazing!
Each serving packs an impressive 15g of protein.
Add in what you choose to serve it on and you can easily find yourself enjoying a 20-25g protein packed lunch that will keep you satisfied for hours.
You can substitute traditional mayo used in egg salad for greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is creamy, full of protein, and far less fat and calories.
Traditional egg salad is loaded with calories and fat. But with the right tweaks like we use in this recipe, the result is a delicious and flavorful egg salad sandwich that you can feel good eating!
Looking for more lunch recipes? Be sure to try these: tofu wraps, chickpea salad sandwich and vegan chicken salad.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Healthy Egg Salad
This easy healthy egg salad recipe with greek yogurt is a lightened up take on a favorite classic.
- 10 hard boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons sweet relish
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika, plus more to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel your hard boiled eggs and roughly chop them up. Place in a bowl.
- Add the sweet relish, celery, red onion, greek yogurt, dill, garlic, and paprika and stir to combine.
- Salt and pepper, and add more paprika to taste
- Serve on a sandwich, a wrap, with crackers, or enjoy on a green salad
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
You can swap sweet relish for any pickles you prefer. Bread and butter or dill pickles would also be delicious.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 374mgSodium: 298mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 15g