Honeymoon breakfast sandwiches is what I’m calling this simple and delicious breakfast dish.
On our honeymoon, my husband and I stayed in a condo in St. Augustine.
We decided to take advantage of the full kitchen and cooked breakfast every morning!
The first morning we made these sandwiches for breakfast and they were delicious!
There came the name “honeymoon breakfast sandwiches.”
I made a mental note to recreate them and blog about it later.
We used Gouda cheese on our honeymoon, but I couldn’t find it here so I substituted Muenster cheese, which is just as good!
It really completes the dish and lightens up the meal.
These sandwiches are the perfect creamy/cheesy/delicious breakfast!
- 2 pieces of Ezekiel Bread
- 2 eggs, cooked whole with salt and pepper (I cooked mine using earth balance buttery spread)
- Organic cream cheese
- Sliced Muenster cheese
- Sliced fresh tomato
- sea salt
- Cook two eggs whole, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Toast Ezekiel bread
- Spread cream cheese onto Ezekiel
- Add 1 slice of Muenster cheese to each sandwich
- Microwave for 10 seconds or until cheese melts slightly
- Add egg on top of cheese
- Top with fresh tomato and cracked black pepper