This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
It’s hard to believe that it’s November already.
One day I’m wishing away the hot summer days and the next thing I know we are just a few weeks from Thanksgiving. Where does the time go?!
This Thanksgiving will be extra special for me, as it will be the first Thanksgiving with my son but also because it will be the first time that I’m going all out to make my own Thanksgiving spread in my home with my little family.
My Thanksgiving table will be full of delicious recipes that I am working on (gotta start those traditions!) and dessert will include these mini vegan pumpkin pies!
Silk® has always been my go to non-dairy milk of choice. I love that it is non-Dairy, non-GMO, and gluten free!
For years I have been buying and using Silk® Almondmilk to use in recipes like this one.
Classic pumpkin pies use sweetened condensed milk for the filling, but for this recipe I use Silk® unsweetened original Almondmilk for a non-dairy (but insanely delicious) pumpkin pie flavor!
For this recipe, I made a homemade graham cracker crust and topped it with the pumpkin pie filling before baking.
This recipe is so easy to throw together and the salty sweet graham cracker crust is the perfect compliment to the sweet pumpkin filling.
I had planned to make a full pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, but these little pies have changed my mind! You know how you want to taste a little of everything at Thanksgiving? Well these individual pies make it perfect for everyone to have their own little treat.
Plus you can make them the day before (or several days before) and just grab them out of the fridge when it’s pie time!
I wasn’t sure how these pies would compare to the pumpkin pies I have eaten over the years, but the flavor really blew me away!
My husband and I devoured 3 of these each and are already dreaming of all the mini pies that we want to make in the future!
If you love pumpkin pie, you will love this recipe.
Plus, you can make a vegan dessert for your family and no one would even guess it!
Pick up a half gallon of Silk® at Walmart and go make these mini pies for your Thanksgiving table!
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs (see notes)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted (see notes)
For the Filling
- 2 1/3 cups pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup Silk® unsweetened original Almondmilk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (no sugar added) applesauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line 20 muffin tin cups with paper or parchment liners
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and mix until it resembles wet sand
- Press 1 tablespoon of the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each liner, pressing down until it starts to solidify
- In a bowl (or blender), combine all ingredients for pumpkin pie filling and mix well
- Top each muffin cup with around 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie filling (or until 2/3 of the way full)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until the top browns slightly and begins to crack (we did 30 minutes and it was perfect)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Transfer to fridge to chill
- Serve topped with non dairy whipped topping (we used coconut whip)
I used a blender to blend graham crackers into dust. Measure out once the graham crackers have been processed.
For the vegan butter, measure it out while solid, then microwave until melted
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g