Copycat Mellow Mushroom Mushroom and Cheese Hoagies recipe.
A delicious vegetarian hoagie packed full of flavor!
Although I’ve only been there two or three times, I’m in love. I wish we had one where I live!
They have since discontinued this hoagie and I have never been more sad.
Luckily, I recreated the flavor with this recipe!
I love the rich mushrooms and artichokes, the sundried tomatoes, two cheeses, and fresh sprouts!
The flavor profile is just insane and all the ingredients just mesh together so well.
I couldn’t find just the right bread this time (a little too thick), but the taste was spot on!
Definitely a comfort food! If you love Mellow Mushroom, you’ve got to try this recipe!
Copycat Mellow Mushroom Hoagie Recipe:
- 1 loaf of bread (I used a 12 oz bakery bread) - (there will be enough filling for 4 sandwiches, so buy more bread accordingly)
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup white mushrooms (or portobello if you have it), chopped
- 2 (14 oz) cans of quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 sundried tomatoes in oil, plus 1 tablespoon of oil from jar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- Vegan mayonnaise
- low fat crumbled feta cheese
- Provolone cheese slices
- fresh sprouts
Combine onion, garlic, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and oil, oregano and sea salt in a skillet
Sautee for 7-10 minutes on medium-high heat, or until mushrooms release and cook out their liquid
Add drained artichoke hearts to skillet and sautee for 6-10 more minutes, until everything starts to get a little crispy
Toss the spinach in at the last minute and stir, remove from heat
Cut bread in half and bake if necessary
Spread a thin layer of vegan mayonnaise on the top and bottom of the bread, on the inside
Place 1/2 slice of provolone cheese down on the bottom of the bread
Top with mushroom mixture, crumbled feta cheese, and fresh sprouts
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 470 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 959mg Carbohydrates: 79g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 10g Protein: 16g