As a vegetarian, pasta is one of my favorite meals to serve to feed both vegetarians and meat eaters alike.
This One Pot Tomato Mozzarella Bow Tie Pasta recipe is almost embarrassingly simple, but perfect for a delicious and fast meal to serve your family!
All you need is one pot and 20 minutes to make this recipe!
The sauce is just a simple combination of crushed tomatoes with a bit of heavy cream and a few spices.
Easy, no fuss, and so simple to make!
I love buying fresh mozzarella balls from Fresh Market to use on pasta or pizza.
If you’ve never tasted fresh mozzarella you are missing out!
For this pasta, I simple sliced the ball of mozzarella into thin pieces and placed it to melt over the dish.
I had planned to use fresh basil in this recipe, but Fresh Market failed me.
I bought a container of fresh basil and just 2 days later when I went to use it it was BLACK. How is this possible? Seriously disappointing to say the least!
If you like a little bit of heat like me, I added crushed red pepper flakes on top.
If you can’t find fresh mozzarella, you can also substitute shredded mozzarella or even an italian cheese blend would be great in this pasta.
The flavors are simple, but my family loved it!
If you want a quick and budget friendly dinner give this recipe a try!
- 1 lb Bow Tie pasta
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes (no salt added)
- ½ cup organic heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (fresh would also be good)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ lb. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Cook Bow Tie pasta according to instructions
- Drain pasta and return it to the pot you cooked it in
- Add crushed tomatoes, heavy cream, parmesan, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and salt
- Stir on low heat for 3-5 minutes, until creamy and hot
- Top with slices of fresh mozzarella and cover for several minutes to allow cheese to melt
- Top with additional parmesan, if desired
- Add optional crushed red pepper flakes if you like a little bit of spice