Perfect whole wheat banana bread – banana bread with whole wheat flour. Oil free, dairy free, and so delicious!
I’ve been making this whole wheat banana bread recipe for years and it comes out perfect, moist, and delicious every single time!
The recipe is easy to follow, and only a few ingredients. My husband made it for us again yesterday so I took the chance to re shoot some pictures.
This is one of my favorite bread recipes! We usually eat the whole loaf in a day or two.
It is naturally sweetened (no artificial sweeteners here), easy to make, and the perfect healthy breakfast or snack.
ingredients for whole wheat banana bread
- (no sugar added) applesauce
- pure maple syrup
- mashed ripe bananas
- baking soda
- sea salt
- whole wheat flour
That’s it! Just 7 ingredients is all you need.
So many recipes I see call for sugar..and more sugar…and oil, butter etc.
These ingredients are totally unnecessary for awesome banana bread.
banana bread with whole wheat flour
I love using whole wheat flour when baking banana bread. It’s not only more wholesome, but has such a rich hearty flavor.
Bananas themselves are naturally sweet, and make the bread moist and sweet without the use of excessive oil and sweeteners.
My husband and I love this recipe cold from the fridge or warmed up with a bit of butter melted on top.
It’s also toddler approved! Crosby loves it.
More banana bread recipes:
- Banana Bread Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
pin this recipe:
Are you making this recipe? I want too see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Whole Wheat Banana Bread Recipe:
- ⅓ cup (no sugar added) Applesauce
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
- Cream applesauce, maple syrup, and eggs in a medium mixing bowl
- Beat in bananas
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda until well combined
- Add dry mixture to wet, beating until well combined
- Grease a loaf pan and pour batter in
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until top cracks and starts to brown
- Store leftovers in the fridge after cooling
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 4gSugar: 26gProtein: 5g