This morning I invited my fiance over to have breakfast with me before he went to work.
Translation: he made me breakfast while I ran around trying to get the perfect picture and almost made him late to work.
Whoops! He is so sweet to me.
Robbie made a pumpkin spice version of it for our breakfast and it was amazing!
It was the perfect flavor combination and I love the fall flavors.
- 10 pieces Ezekiel bread
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (more if you want a stronger pumpkin flavor)
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon coconut palm or cane sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract (or substitute vanilla extract)
- Combine eggs, almond milk, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, sugar, and almond extract in a bowl, whisk thoroughly
- Defrost Ezekiel bread by toasting until it reaches normal bread consistency
- Heat a large skillet and melt earth balance buttery spread in it (about 2 tablespoons)
- Dunk bread slices in egg mixture and cook in skillet for about 3-5 minutes each side (watch carefully)
- Make sure to add butter to the pan each time you add more bread.
- Serve with earth balance spread and pure maple syrup