Odds are, not a lot of people love the taste of kale.
Most people know that it’s amazing for you, but they are too afraid to eat it.
It’s true that Kale can have a strong flavor, which is why I never eat it whole leaf.
However, when marinated in this citrus-honey dressing, it turns into a deliciously sweet salad.
Top it with homemade croutons and you get my favorite salty/sweet salad!
It is sweet and salty and has tons of flavor. It’s also one of my husband’s favorites. He actually requests this salad because he craves it if we haven’t had it in awhile!
With getting married , being away for almost 3 weeks, and the craziness of trying to get all moved in, I can’t even remember how long it’s been since we had this salad.
So as soon as we sat down to plan our first week of meals, I made sure that this was on it! Man have I missed it!
For extra protein and that perfect salty flavor, we top ours with tons of my homemade croutons.
They are the perfect complement to the sweet kale!
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large bunch of kale
- Homemade Croutons
- slivered almonds
- diced tomato
- sunflower seeds
- Use a food processor to finely shred kale, transfer to a large bowl
- Combine lemon juice, lime juice, olive oil, honey, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl and stir until well combined
- Add dressing to kale salad and toss well
- Top with homemade croutons and optional slivered almonds, diced tomato, sunflower seeds, and pecans