Easy spicy vegan taco bake recipe.
I shared this vegan taco casserole on my blog a few months ago as an easy to throw together dinner.
It is still one of my favorite things to make when I don’t really feel like cooking.
I’ve made several different versions in the last few months, but this one is my new favorite!
I’m in love with taco casserole. Whenever I’m not in a cooking mood, I can whip this up in less than 10 minutes and chuck it in the oven to let it do the work for me.
It’s such an easy dinner but seriously one of our favorites.
There are so many ways to customize it too!
Top a big plate of this casserole with some hot sauce and fresh lime juice and you get a plate of spicy vegan cheesy goodness!
It’s the yellow flakes that you see in the picture.
Top 10 vegan things I can’t live without? Yeast cheese would totally make the list.
So do yourself a favor and try it!
Spicy Vegan Taco Bake Recipe:
- 2 (9 oz) bags of corn chips
- 2 (15 oz) cans of black beans, drained
- 1/8 cup jalapeno hot sauce + more for serving
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cups medium salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix beans, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and paprika in a bowl
- Using a 13 X 9 baking dish, cover the bottom with a layer of tortilla chips
- Layer on 1/2 of bean mixture
- Follow with 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast and 3/4 cups of salsa
- Place another layer of chips on top
- Repeat layering of remaining beans, 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, and salsa
- Crush additional thin layer of chips on top
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until chips on top start to brown
- Serve topped with additional hot sauce and fresh lime juice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 708mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 9gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g