This sweet corn vegan chili is a delicious and easy slow cooker recipe.
Try this for your next vegan dinner!
When I was meal planning last week, I decided to make chili since we hadn’t eaten it in awhile. I’ve already done a vegetarian chili recipe, so I wanted to make a vegan chili as well!
This chili is sweet from the corn, with just a little heat to it. I topped mine with nutritional yeast and green onions. I love the cheesy flavor that nutritional yeast gives. It’s great in chili!
I plan to do that for leftovers. I love the fresh acidity of lime juice with chili!
The thing I love most about chili is that it’s minimal prep time then you let the slow cooker do all the work and you get to come home to a delicious hot meal waiting for you 🙂 Can’t wait to have this again!
Sweet Corn Vegan Chili Recipe:
- 2 (15 oz) cans of kidney beans, drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans of organic chili beans in sauce (not drained)
- 1 (28 oz) diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of sliced stewed tomatoes with juices
- 6 oz organic tomato paste
- 6 large cloves of garlic, minced or finely diced
- 1 medium onion, diced (2 cups)
- 1 (15 oz) can of sweet organic corn, drained
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3.5 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Sautee garlic and onion in a skillet for 5-10 minutes, or until onion is translucent and starts to brown
- Transfer garlic and onion mixture to a slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients and stir well
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours. (I did high for 2 hours and low for 3 hours)
- Top with nutritional yeast, green onions, lime juice, and salsa if desired
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 227 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 944mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 21g Protein: 9g