This sweet corn vegan chili is a delicious and easy slow cooker recipe. Try this for your next vegan dinner!
When I was meal planning last week, I decided to make chili since we hadn’t eaten it in awhile. I’ve already done a vegetarian chili recipe, so I wanted to make a vegan chili as well!
This chili is sweet from the corn, with just a little heat to it. I topped mine with nutritional yeast and green onions. I love the cheesy flavor that nutritional yeast gives. It’s great in chili!
It was so good we ate our whole meal before realizing we forgot to put lime juice on it.
I plan to do that for leftovers. I love the fresh acidity of lime juice with chili!
The thing I love most about chili is that it’s minimal prep time then you let the slow cooker do all the work and you get to come home to a delicious hot meal waiting for you 🙂 Can’t wait to have this again!
Sweet Corn Vegan Chili Recipe:
- 2 (15 oz) cans of kidney beans, drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans of organic chili beans in sauce (not drained)
- 1 (28 oz) diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of sliced stewed tomatoes with juices
- 6 oz organic tomato paste
- 6 large cloves of garlic, minced or finely diced
- 1 medium onion, diced (2 cups)
- 1 (15 oz) can of sweet organic corn, drained
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3.5 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Sautee garlic and onion in a skillet for 5-10 minutes, or until onion is translucent and starts to brown
- Transfer garlic and onion mixture to a slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients and stir well
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours. (I did high for 2 hours and low for 3 hours)
- Top with nutritional yeast, green onions, lime juice, and salsa if desired
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 944mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 9gSugar: 21gProtein: 9g