Wholesome naturally sweetened Whole Wheat Banana Bread Muffins 😍
Week 2 of my MOTW (Muffin of the week) and I’m bringing you these whole wheat banana bread muffins!
In cased you missed it, I have decided to try to post a new muffin recipe every week of February.
My 18 month old son, Crosby, is a terribly picky eater.
He loves homemade muffins and breads though, so I am testing out new wholesome recipes that we can all eat as snacks or breakfast.
He has eaten two of these banana bread muffins, so far so good!
Banana bread is one of my very favorite things.
So easy to make, and incredibly healthy.
These banana bread muffins are oil free and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup.
They rise up to make huge bakery style muffins.
We love ours warm and slathered with just a bit of butter.
It’s an easy and healthy snack or breakfast!
You only need 8 ingredients and less than 30 minutes to make these whole wheat banana bread muffins.
Be sure not to over mix the batter as we want these to be nice and soft and fluffy.
Mine baked in right around 18 minutes.
Depending on your oven, these should be ready in 15 – 18 minutes.
Banana bread smells like heaven to me.
On a side note, who sells the best banana bread scented candle? I seriously might need one in my life!
The smell of homemade bread baking is amazing.
And when Crosby eats healthy snacks like this, I feel like I’m not doing so bad at this whole mom thing.
What are your favorite healthy snacks to feed your kids?
More Muffin recipes I love:
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Muffins
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins
- Skinny Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Click below to pin these Whole Wheat Banana Bread Muffins:
- ¼ cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups mashed banana (around 3 large bananas)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, greek yogurt, eggs, and bananas until well combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and use a rubber spatula to stir until just combined (do not over mix)
- Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners
- Distribute batter evenly into the 12 liners, and flatten/swirl the tops using the rubber spatula
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Store leftovers in the fridge
- Serve cold, or warmed up with a little butter on top
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g