Incredibly moist, dairy free, and oil free, this whole wheat chocolate chip banana bread is amazing!
Full of wholesome ingredients and tastes like a million bucks.
Feel good about baking up this delicious recipe for your family!
Growing up, one of my favorite things to eat was my mom’s homemade banana bread.
She would always make it in double batches and I loved eating it both fresh out of the oven and cold from the fridge.
Either way, it was always a hit with us kids.
My new favorite way to enjoy banana bread these days is by eating a slice of this Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!
I’ve always been a bread addict, and there’s nothing more delicious than a slice of moist, thick banana bread!
This banana bread is one of my absolute favorite recipes.
It’s so simple to make, and only takes a few minutes to throw together and put in the oven.
This recipe is thick, chewy, and decadent, all while being secretly good for you!
I use applesauce in place of oil for this recipe. This lightens up the calories but doesn’t affect the taste at all!
Applesauce is one of my favorite baking hacks.
One bite of this banana bread will send you into food heaven!
It’s naturally oil free and dairy free, and much lower in sugar than other banana bread recipes.
You would never guess this by how amazing it tastes!
Make this for an easy grab and go breakfast or snack.
More Whole Wheat Recipes You Will Love
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe:
- 1/3 cup (no sugar added) Applesauce
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Cream applesauce, maple syrup, and eggs in a medium mixing bowl
- Beat in bananas
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda until well combined
- Add dry mixture to wet, beating until well combined
- Add chocolate chips and beat until combined (I also saved a few to dot the top of the loaf before baking)
- Grease a loaf pan and pour batter in
- Dot with a few extra chocolate chips on top (optional)
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until top cracks and starts to brown
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 251mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 30g Protein: 5g