This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Easy tofu lo mein recipe ready in minutes!
One of my favorite things to eat growing up was lo mein.
While I loved other Chinese takeout, I would often order a container of lo mein to indulge in on Sundays.
I still remember just how much lo mein could fit in a tiny takeout container and it felt like so much food (which I loved for leftovers!)
Today I’m sharing a way to make easy tofu lo mein at home!
With me being a vegetarian and Robbie being mostly one (with the exception of occasional seafood), I tend to put a little more effort into making our dinners both filling and packed full of protein.
My crazy husband is not only a hard working landscaper who often walks 20k – 30k steps in a day, but he also runs for fun.
Needless to say we eat a lot of food in our house!
We live a busy active lifestyle and that’s why I used Barilla ProteinPLUS Spaghetti in this lo mein recipe!
I love that every serving has 17g of protein to help me stay full and fueled.
This spaghetti is great in lo mein as it is perfectly sized.
Added bonus that is is mega packed full of protein in every serving!
I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious this was!
I was so full after a serving of lo mein, more so than any takeout I have had before.
How to make tofu lo mein:
Fresh sugar snap peas and mushrooms are perfect in this lo mein recipe, but feel free to throw in whatever veggies you have on hand.
Carrots and green onions would also be a great addition!
This recipe is super simple and full of flavor.
I never make an oriental recipe without loads of fresh ginger and garlic.
That alone will add a whole new level of deliciousness to the dish!
No need to worry about a fancy lo mein sauce, as I simply used a combination of sesame oil and soy sauce.
Just add to taste and toss.
It’s really that simple!
I picked up my Barilla ProteinPLUS at Kroger.
This makes a huge amount and is perfect for leftovers!
Pin this Easy Tofu Lo Mein:
- 14 oz tofu
- 8 oz sugar snap peas
- 16 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 box Barilla ProteinPLUS Spaghetti
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- Drain tofu and place between a kitchen towel. Place a heavy object (such as a cast iron pan) on top and allow to press for 30-40 minutes
- After pressing, dice tofu into small chunks and toss with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, until coated
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Once hot, add in the tofu and pan fry for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy on all sides
- Remove tofu from skillet and set aside
- Begin cooking spaghetti at this time
- Cook until al dente or longer, for softer texture
- Using the same skillet the tofu cooked in, add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and heat to medium high
- Once hot, add in peas, mushrooms, garlic, and ginger
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until mushrooms release their liquid and cook down
- Add tofu and cooked spaghetti and toss to combine
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil to taste (I added 5 tablespoons of soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of sesame oil)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g