I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who didn’t like chocolate chip cookies.
They’re just one of those desserts that is guaranteed to please everyone.
While I have made many different versions of this classic cookie, this is my first recipe that I made to be flourless.
These flourless peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are thick, chewy, gluten free, and dairy free!
You would never know by tasting these cookies that they are healthy!
I get so many compliments when I make these cookies, and no one can believe that they don’t have any flour in them!
Many readers have commented how remarkably normal (and delicious!) they taste, and you wouldn’t guess that they do not contain the typical flour used to make chocolate chip cookies.
While I personally don’t have a gluten intolerance, there are many people that do, as well as those who just wish to avoid flour as much as possible.
I have nothing against baking with whole wheat flour, but I wanted to make a healthy version of this cookie for all of my gluten free readers to enjoy.
This is one of my favorite recipes to show how easy and delicious it can be to make a healthy dessert.
You don’t have to compromise on flavor when you are making a healthy lifestyle change!
My mom is gluten intolerant and these are her absolute favorite cookies to make to curb her sweet tooth.
She has complained (like many people who are gluten free) that it is really hard to find a chocolate chip cookie recipe that doesn’t involve the use of some obscure or crazy expensive flour.
That is why you will never see me post a gluten free recipe that involves the use of a store bought gluten free flour blend.
In my opinion, they are overpriced to take advantage of those who are gluten free and need to find a way to enjoy the foods that they love.
I use gluten free oats in this recipe and no flour at all. Super easy to find ingredients and so simple to make.
The texture is really satisfying you feel like you’re eating just a regular cookie!
These cookies are made with NO flour or dairy, and are naturally sweetened.
While this recipe calls for maple syrup, some readers in the comments below have substituted honey for great results.
I personally use maple syrup and honey interchangeably, so feel free to use whichever one you have on hand!
I buy grade a pure maple syrup regularly, and use it all the time for baking recipes.
It’s a healthier alternative to white sugar and you won’t ever taste the difference!
The only sweetener that I cannot recommend for sure is anything powdered as I have not tested it.
If you try this recipe with normal sugar please let me know how it turns out in the comments!
Here are some other questions I have been asked:
- Can these be made without peanut butter? Yes! Just substitute another butter, such as almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Do you grind up the oats first? Nope! Just use whole gluten free old fashioned rolled oats, no need to grind them up.
- Can you use PB2 in place of peanut butter? I haven’t tried it, so I cannot guarantee results. Let me know if you try it!
I love how light these taste.
They are chewy and sweet and the texture isn’t exactly like normal cookies (obviously), but it is addictive!
I had a hard time making myself stop eating them!
I made these cookies for my mom (who avoids wheat because of a slight gluten intolerance), and she loved them!
She was so excited to be able to eat cookies again that didn’t require fancy instructions or a special gluten free flour blend.
I feel like most gluten free flours can be finicky to work with, so I bypassed flour altogether for this recipe.
Try these flourless peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for a way healthier cookie with all of the flavor that you will love!
Don’t believe me? Just read the reviews in the comments below!
If you’re looking for more gluten free treats, be sure to also check out some of my other recipes:
- Perfect Fluffy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Homemade Healthy Reese’s Cups
- Healthy Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Click below to PIN these flourless peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for later:
As always, don’t forget to tag me in your recipe creations on Instagram, follow me @buildyourbite and #buildyourbite when you make one of my recipes!
Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, beat peanut butter, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oats, baking powder, and salt
- Add dry mixture to wet and beat until combined
- Beat or stir in the chocolate chips
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until the center is cooked through